The curried egg sandwich -- an old fashioned favorite -- is simple, satisfying and so quick to prepare.
I like my curried egg sandwiches served with a handful of chopped watercress for a peppery bite and several slices of fresh cucumber.
The curried egg filling is delicious served on wholegrain bread, Ciabatta, or even rye bread.
- 4 medium to hard boiled eggs (extra large eggs)
- 2 Tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp of chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup of chopped watercress
- 4-6 slices of cucumber
- 4 slices of wholegrain bread
- Boil eggs for about 4 minutes from the minute the water starts a rolling boil. Remove eggs from heat and run under cold water. Peel.
- Place eggs in a large bowl with mayonnaise, curry powder, chives and salt. Mash with the back of a fork.
- Add chopped watercress to egg mixture and gently stir through to combine.
- Toast bread.
- Assemble egg mixture on sandwiches and top with slices of cucumber. Close sandwich and serve.