In New Zealand, sweet potato is also known as "Kumara".
In this recipe it is roasted and served with crisp romaine lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, crumbled feta and pinenuts.
You can use any kind of nuts in this salad. For instance, Macadamias, almonds, or pistacios all add some protein to the meal.
I usually top the salad with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some balsamic vinegar, however lemon juice also works well.
- 1 kumara or sweet potato, diced into cubes
- Several leaves of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 radishes, sliced
- A handful of crumbled feta
- A handful of pinenuts
- Cooking olive oil for drizzling on kumara
- Extra virgin olive oil for salad
- Balsamic vinegar for salad
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Place the kumara in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle on a pinch of salt. Roast for 25 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool when done.
- Arrange lettuce, tomato and radishes in a serving bowl. Add the kumara once cooled. Sprinkle on some feta and pinenuts.
- Finally, drizzle on some extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.