This delicious roasted beet and mango salad is an impressive accompaniment to many a meal.
The earthy sweetness of the roasted beets is complimented by the tart sweetness of the tropical mango.
Simply serve on a bed of organic greens, sprinkle on some feta cheese and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- 3 large beets, quartered or 8 baby beets, quartered
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- 2 servings of mixed organic greens such as romaine, chard, mizuna, radicchio and parsley
- 1/4 cup of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup of aged balsamic vinegar
- A handful of crumbled feta
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Place the beets in a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 45 minutes. If you are using baby beets, bake roast them for about 15 minutes. Remove beets from oven and set aside.
- Cut the mango and then spoon the flesh out of the skin.
- Arrange the mixed greens on a large plate and add the roasted beets and mango. Sprinkle on the feta cheese and then drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.