This simple recipe for garlic ginger green beans makes an excellent side dish. A handful of flaked almonds adds a lovely crunch.
It's important to combine the beans with the garlic, ginger and butter mixture straight away as they absorb better when they're hot.
When buying green beans, choose bright, crisp pods free of blemishes or bruises.
- 800g green beans, trimmed
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely grated
- 1 inch (2cm) piece of ginger, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp butter
- A handful of flaked almonds
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Serves 8
- Steam the beans for 4-6 minutes or until tender but crisp.
- Place garlic, ginger and butter into a mixing bowl. Remove beans from steamer and immediately place into the mixing bowl. Stir well to coat the beans. Add the flaked almonds and stir again.
- Serve immediately.