There's a simple trick to perfectly crispy baked potatoes that I'd to share.
Simply par-boil peeled potatoes and once cooled, run a fork down the curved edges with a fork. Brush the potatoes with a mixture of olive oil, butter and sea salt, roast in the oven and then crunch away!
- 10 medium, yellow potatoes, peeled & halved
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of butter, melted
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes then drain. Place potatoes, flat face down, on a tray lined with paper towels. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C). Brush 2 large baking trays with a little olive oil. Mix together the butter, 1/4 tsp of sea salt and remaining olive oil in a small bowl.
- Use a fork to scrape the curved side of the potato lengthways. Place potatoes in a single layer, flat side down, on the baking trays.
- Brush potatoes with butter/oil mixture. Bake in oven for 50 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with sea salt to serve.