Bacon-wrapped potatoes might just be the easiest side dish recipe out there and so very delicious.
To hold the bacon in place while roasting, I pierce the potatoes with bamboo skewers which have been previously soaked in water to stop them from burning.
For this recipe, it's best to use small potatoes such as fingerlings or baby potatoes as they roast quite quickly.
Try to use potatoes that are of a similar size -- about 1.5 inches x 1 inches (4cm x 2.5cm).
- 1 - 1 1/2 kgs of baby potatoes, washed & patted dry
- 25 rashers of thin, smoked bacon
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 2 tsp of chopped chives
- A pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- Wrap one or two pieces of uncooked bacon around the potatoes and secure with a dampened skewer.
- Place potatoes in a baking dish with about 1 inch (2.5cm)of space in between each potato. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until tender.
- Prepare the dipping sauce by combining the sour cream, garlic, chives and salt in a small bowl. Stir quickly to combine. Cover and refrigerate until you need to use it.
- Remove potatoes from oven and place on a serving dish.
- Serve potatoes with a bowl of the sour cream dipping sauce.