Baked fries are a delicious and healthy alternative French fries.
They are quick and easy to make and you can spice them up with a variety of things such as chili powder, herbs, paprika or simply sprinkle on some sea salt.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1/8 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- Foil to line baking sheet
- Tomato sauce (ketchup) or Thai sweet chili for serving
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Lightly grease the foil with a little vegetable oil.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Cut them into fries of desired thickness. Pat the potatoes dry again to soak up any moisture.
- Add the salt and oil to a large mixing bowl. Add the potatoes and mix well to coat.
- Arrange the potatoes on the foil and then bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Turn the potatoes over and bake for a further 20 minutes (or until golden).
- Serve with tomato sauce (ketchup) or with Thai sweet chili sauce.