This garlic chicken, bean and feta salad is delicious and quick to prepare. Serve it as a side or enjoy as a main meal.
Tender chicken thighs are marinated in garlic, lemon juice and olive oil and then grilled to perfection and served with green beans, cannellini beans, cherry tomatoes, creamy feta and basil.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 500gm (17 1/2 oz) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup of lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 500g (17 1/2 oz)thin green beans, topped & tailed
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Combine chicken thighs and marinade ingredients in a large, non-reactive bowl. Mix well to coat the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill on high heat and spray with cooking oil. Remove chicken from marinade. Cook for 1 minutes each side or until golden. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook chicken for a further 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover and stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water to boil in a saucepan and blanch the beans in boiling water for 1-2 minutes until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water. Set aside.
- Make the salad dressing by combining ingredients in a small bowl and whisking. Set aside.
- Slice the chicken and combine with green beans, cannellini beans, tomato, feta and chicken in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss gently. Spoon onto plates and serve immediately.