Make the most of summer squash with this no-cook, refreshing shaved zucchini salad tossed in a tangy lemon juice dressing and topped freshly shaved Parmesan.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
- 4 green zucchini
- 5 yellow button squash
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup of mint leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt and crushed red pepper in small bowl to blend. Set dressing aside.
- Trim ends of zucchini and squash. Use a vegetable peeler or v-slicer (mandoline) to vegetables into wafer thin slices. Place in a glass mixing bowl with basil and mint leaves.
- Add dressing and toss to coat. Next add Parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Serve immediately.