This is one of my go-to salads. I've made it for quick lunches, quick dinners, as part of a barbeque and even part of a Christmas Day lunch.
It's made in a flash, delicious and healthy - a winning trifecta!
The chickpeas provide plenty of protein, the avocado provides you with all kinds of good fats and flavour and the spinach provides Vitamin C and antioxidants.
I love eating this on its own or served as a side salad to grilled chicken, steak or fish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 120 grams baby spinach leaves, washed and spun dry
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado
- 30 grams alfalfa (optional)
- 30 mls extra virgin olive oil
- 10 mls red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ - 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Arrange spinach leaves on plate and place chickpeas and onions on top.
- Peel half of the avocado away and use a spoon to scoop the avocado directly on the salad.
- Sprinkle the alfalfa on top.
- Make up the dressing by placing all contents in a glass and whisking until combined.
- Pour over salad and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.