This simple blood orange and arugula salad is a lovely way to use the sweet, tart citrus fruits.
Arugula, known as "rocket" in Australia, adds a peppery bite while the feta is creamy in contrast.
The dressing is a combination of extra virgin olive oil, blood orange juice and a little Dijon mustard.
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 cups of baby arugula (rocket)
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of Djion mustard
- Juice from 1 blood orange
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Serves 2
- Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, Dijon, blood orange juice and sea salt. Whisk together with a fork to combine. Set aside.
- Peel the two blood oranges and slice cross-wise into thin rounds, making sure to remove all of the white pith. Cut each round in half.
- Place the arugula in a large salad bowl and toss with a little dressing to coat the leaves. Divide the arugula between 2 plates. Arrange the blood orange slices and feta cheese on each salad. Drizzle with a bit more dressing and serve immediately.