The green bean, avocado and prosciutto salad is a great one to serve when you've got company. It's almost a meal in itself.
The salad is sprinkled with toasted pinenuts, creamy feta cheese and a simple dressing of extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic.
- 1 3-ounce package thinly sliced prosciutto, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp of oil
- 700 gm (1 1/2 pounds) green beans, trimmed & halved
- 1/8 cup of pinenuts
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to season
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Serves 6
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in frying pan over a medium heat until crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
- Dry toast pinenuts in a small frying pan over a medium heat until they color very slightly. Shake the pan around to make sure the nuts toast evenly and then transfer the nuts to a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half, peel and discard the seed. Cut the avocado into small evenly-sized chunks.
- Place salad ingredients -- prosciutto, green beans, tomatoes, pinenuts, avocado and feta in a large mixing bowl. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chopped garlic and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper together in a small bowl. Toss salad with enough dressing to coat. Season with a little salt to taste and toss again.
- Transfer salad to a large serving platter and serve immediately.