I love a recipe that requires minimal prep time yet yields excellent results. This tuna pasta with basil and garlic oil is one of those recipes.
The only cooking required is the boiling of the pasta which is then tossed in a freshly made basil garlic oil and canned tuna. It's the perfect weeknight dinner recipe.
- 2 cups of loosely-packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 185 gram can of tuna in oil
- Spaghetti pasta for 2
- Parmigino Reggiano for grating
- 1 tsp salt for pasta water
- Place basil, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt in a blender. Blend mixture until relatively smooth. Set aside.
- Boil water with 1 teaspoon of salt for pasta and cook according to packet instructions. Drain and place pasta back into the saucepan.
- Pour basil oil over cooked pasta and stir to coat. Drain canned tuna of half its oil and then add tuna to pasta. Stir to combine and break the tuna up if necessary.
- Serve tuna pasta in bowls and grate on the Parmigino Reggiano.