With this in mind, having a quick and easy gluten-free noodle snack in your cooking repertoire is definitely useful.
These two-minute noodles taste so good even people without a gluten problem may well find that they prefer them to the bought variety. Beansprouts, tofu, canned lentils or cooked chicken could also be added to make this dish a more substantial meal.
Just follow the recipe below or these step by step instructions:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cake rice noodles
- Handful mixed fresh herbs (e.g. spring onions, basil, mint, coriander)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic-infused olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 - 1 tsp. Asian chilli oil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. fried shallots (optional)
1. Take one cake of rice vermicelli noodles and place in a bowl.
2. Pour over boiling water and leave to soak for 2-3 minutes until soft.
3. Drain and refresh in cold water.
4. Wash and finely slice a few spring onions and a few basil, coriander and/or mint leaves.
5. Dribble over ½ tsp. light soy sauce, and ¼ tsp. each of Asian sesame oil, garlic-infused olive oil, and Asian chili oil (the chili oil is optional).
6. Add a spritz of lime juice.
7. Mix thoroughly to combine.
8. Taste and add more soy sauce, juice or oil as desired.
9. Garnish with spring onions and herbs and a tablespoon of fried shallots (available at Asian grocers).