This hot chocolate recipe is one I often turn to on a cold winter's night. I melt dark semi-sweet chocolate in milk infused with cinnamon and vanilla.
For something a little more exotic, I like to add cardamom seeds to the milk.
The drink is rich and luscious -- just like real hot chocolate should be.
- 800 ml of milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup of dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place milk, vanilla and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and slowly bring to a gentle boil over medium-low heat.
- Add chocolate chips and use a whisk to whisk milk until frothy and chocolate has melted.
- Discard cinnamon stick and pour into small mugs. Serve.