The rack of lamb is one of the most prized and tender cuts of meat. Racks are relatively simple to prepare and quick to cook.
This recipe bakes the rack in a garlic-herb-honey-mustard crust. It a great-tasting show-stopper -- and so easy to prepare, you'll be embarrassed by all the praise.
With minimal prep time, this recipe is delicious and looks really impressive.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound lamb rack
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil for the lamb
- 1 /2 Tbsp of honey
- 1 /2 Tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 large yellow potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 Spanish onion
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil for the vegetables
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Cut the potatoes and sweet potatoes into 1 inch thick pieces. Cut the onion in half and remove the outer layer of skin.
- Place 2 Tbsp of olive oil into a baking tray. Place the vegetables including the garlic bulb in the tray and coat them in the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake the vegetables on the bottom oven rack for 45 minutes.
- When the vegetables have been baking for 15 minutes add the chopped garlic, breadcrumbs, 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil, rosemary, salt, honey and mustard into a mixing bowl. Stir well until it forms a paste.
- Spread the paste evenly over the lamb rack. Place lamb in the oven directly on the grill over the vegetables. This will allow for the drippings to collect with the vegetables. By now the vegetables should have been cooking for 25 minutes.
- Roast the lamb for 20 minutes for rare meat or 30 minutes for well-done.