Chicken larb lettuce wraps make a fun and delicious appetizer.
Stir-fried ground chicken is infused lime juice, cilantro, mint, garlic and chili and then served in crisp lettuce wraps.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g ground chicken
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 small red shallots, peeled & finely sliced
- 2 small red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 stick lemongrass; white part, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/3 cup mint, picked and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup coriander, picked and roughly chopped
- 1 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated & washed
- 1 lime cut in wedges
- Heat wok over a medium heat. Add oil. Next, add ground chicken and stir-fry until cooked through and lightly golden.
- Add garlic, shallots, red chillies and lemongrass and cook until softened and fragrant.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a large bowl. Add lime juice and fish sauce and stir well to combine. Add mint and coriander and lightly toss. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Spoon chicken mixture in lettuce cups.
- Serve with lettuce and lime wedges.