Start the day with something sweet and simple with these basic lemon and sugar crepes.
I like to pair my crepes with a lemon syrup and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for a little extra zing.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
rest: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ***LEMON SYRUP***
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- ***JUST BEFORE SERVING***
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Reserve 1 tablespoon melted butter for brushing the skillet.
- Place milk, flour, eggs, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender. Blend until smooth, then chill, covered for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon syrup. Place water and sugar in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add slices of lemon and bring to the boil. Turn down to medium low and simmer gently for about 10-12 minutes or until the mixture thickens to form a syrup. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lightly brush a 10-inch non-stick skillet with some of reserved butter and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Pour in 1/4 cup batter, immediately tilting and rotating skillet to coat bottom, and cook crêpe. Turn once and cook until just set and golden for about 1 minute in total. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely in foil. Make seven more crêpes.
- Divide amongst two serving plates. Sprinkle each crêpe with a little sugar, then fold twice to form a triangle. Just before serving, drizzle on some lemon syrup and garnish with lemon quarters for squeezing. Serve immediately.