When the weather turns cooler a cooked breakfast is a wonderful start to the day.
In terms of deliciousness and health benefits there's not much getting past this Apricot and Apple Porridge recipe.
The cooked apple and apricot add a lovely sweetness to the porridge so you don't need any sugar, making this recipe a favourite with both kids and health-conscious mums.
Those without nut allergies or intolerances could also try adding a sprinkling of chopped almonds or hazelnuts as a tasty garnish.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 3/4 cup instant oats
- 3/4 cup milk (soy milk can be substituted for full or low-fat cow's milk)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 medium or 1/2 large apple, peeled, cored and chopped small
- 8 dried apricots, chopped small
- Please all ingredients into a small saucepan and stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle porridge into bowls, adding extra cold milk for a thinner consistency if desired, and serve.