Start the day with an elegant breakfast of scrambled eggs with smoked trout and asparagus.
Smoked trout can be substituted with smoked salmon. I also like to add a handful of fresh herbs into the mix such as finely chopped flat leaf parsley, chives or fresh dill.
I like my scrambled eggs soft and creamy so I tend to slightly under cook them as even when you take them off the stove, they're still cooking.
- 5 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp of finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 170gm (6 ounces)thinly sliced smoked trout or salmon
- A bunch of asparagus, tough ends removed
- Wholegrain bread for two
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- Steam the asparagus until tender but still firm. Place in cold water to cool, drain. Slice into smaller segments and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, parsley and dill together in a mixing bowl. Add a pinch of sea salt.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture. Cook until almost set, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Mix in trout and asparagus. Cook until eggs are cooked but still moist, about 30 seconds longer.
- Toast the bread and spread lightly with butter. Spoon scrambled eggs on top of toast; sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and a little more salt if necessary. Serve immediately.