Perfect for breakfast, a picnic or a light snack, these individual smoked salmon quiches are simple to prepare and delicious to eat.
They can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- 200g smoked salmon, sliced into small pieces
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of pouring cream
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of gruyere or cheddar cheese plus a little extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped dill
- 2-3 sheets of store-bought puff pastry
- Special equipment: muffin tin
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease the muffin tin. Thaw the pastry and set aside.
- Make your filling by combining the eggs, cream, milk, cheese, salt, pepper and chopped dill together in a large jug. Whisk mixture thoroughly to combine the ingredients. Set aside.
- Cut the pastry squares into quarters so you end up with 8 smaller squares of about 4 x 4 inches (10cmx 10cm).
- Gently press each pastry square into the greased muffin cups.
- Divide salmon evenly amongst pastry shells then slowly fill each one with the egg mixture until they are about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle each quiche with a little extra cheese.
- Bake quiches for 15-20 minutes or until firm and golden. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes in the tin then transfer to a wire rack to cool further.