There are many variations of the bircher muesli recipe. In this apple and passionfruit bircher I soak rolled oats overnight in a combination of apple juice and low-fat milk.
While bircher purists may scoff at the addition of milk, I find that it makes for a creamier consistency which I prefer. Just before serving I add grated green apple, fresh passionfruit pulp, some strawberries and a little natural yogurt.
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of low-fat milk
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 green apple
- 2 passionfruit
- Strawberries for topping
- 1/2 cup of natural yogurt for topping
- Place oats, milk and apple juice in a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, grate the apple and stir through the oats. Add the passionfruit pulp and honey and stir again to combine.
- Serve bircher museli in bowls and top with natural yogurt and strawberries.