There's nothing more Aussie than a steak sandwich with a fried egg.
Of course there are other ingredients that make up this snack including lettuce, tomato, cheese and Spanish onions.
In lieu of butter I just spread on some avocado and top it all off with a squirt of tomato sauce.
- 1 large ribeye steak
- 4 sliced of wholewheat sourdough bread, sliced
- 1 large plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 leaves of romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- Several rings of spanish onion
- 2 eggs
- Sea salt & pepper
- Tomato sauce
- Beat the steak a couple of times with a tenderizer.
- Heat up the barbecue and then cook the steak until desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.li]
- Fry the eggs until the yolks are still a little runny in the centre -- about 3 minutes.
- Toast the bread and the spread on the avocado. Assemble the rest of the ingredients and squirt on some tomato sauce.