If you ever need something quick, simple and impressive to feed yourself or a crowd, look no further than this barbecue shrimp with mango lime mayonnaise.
The mayonnaise is so easy to make. Simply combine mayonnaise with freshly grated mango, a splash of lime juice and a pinch of sea salt -- that's it!
For a a Mediterranean take on BBQ shrimp try out this recipe.
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 ripe mango, grated
- Juice from 1/4 fresh lime
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp of canola oil
- 20 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- Skewer the shrimp and brush them with canola oil.
- Heat the barbecue.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, grated mango, lime juice and salt. Stir mixture well to combine. Set aside.
- Barbecue the shrimp until cooked -- about 1 minute on each side or slightly longer for larger shrimp.
- Serve shrimp immediately with a side of lime mango mayonnaise for dipping.