Can a dessert be too decadent? Never! These rich, dark chocolate pots are smooth as velvet.
To cut through the richness, the pots are topped with bottled sour cherries which add a tangy sweetness and a gorgeous contrast in color.
It is important to use good quality dark chocolate with at least 65% cocoa solids as it is the feature ingredient.
Bottled sour cherries, also known as "Morello" cherries can be bought in good grocery stores or delis. Alternatively you could always use fresh cherries or raspberries.
- 200 gm (7 oz) good quality dark chocolate
- 300 ml pouring cream
- 1 Tbsp Grand Marnier
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 cup store-bought bottled sour (Morello) cherries
- 6 small ramekins
- Serves 6
- Heat chocolate, cream and Grand Marnier in a heatproof bowl fitted snugly over gently boiling water. Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Stir occasionally, until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a separate heatproof bowl placed over gently simmering water for 5 minutes or until thick and pale.
- Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture and use an electric mixer to whisk on high for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and cool.
- Divide chocolate mixture between six small ramekins. Cover and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until set.
- Serve chocolate pots topped with several cherries.