Summer Down Under is a time for feasting on gorgeous stone-fruit like juicy peaches and nectarines.
In this recipe, delicate white nectarines are baked with a mixture of honey, vanilla, orange juice and white wine and then served with a dollop of creamy natural yogurt.
Honey-baked nectarines make for a gorgeous and low-fat dessert.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 6 ripe but firm white nectarines, halved with seeds discarded
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 100mls orange juice
- 100mls fruity white wine
- 60mls honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 500gms natural yogurt
- 2-3 tsp orange blossom water
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Soften butter with your fingertips and then rub it over the base of a baking dish large enough to hold nectarines in a single layer. Place nectarines cut-side up in dish, drizzle orange juice, white wine and honey. Add vanilla bean seeds and pod to the liquid in the dish.
- Pour over orange juice and white wine, bake until tender and golden (15-20 minutes).
- Sprinkle over orange-blossom water and serve warm or chilled with several dollops of yogurt.