Rocky road is so easy to make and even easier to devour.
In this recipe, rocky road is given an Aussie twist with the addition of crunchy macadamia nuts. You can substitute macadamias with almonds or peanuts. If I have any handy I usually add in some dried raisins or cranberries.
A tip with the marshmallows -- don't cut them to small or they'll melt when you add them to the chocolate.
If you want to make your own marshmallows, then check out this recipe, otherwise the store-bought kind work just as well.
- 270 grams of dark, semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 25 grams
- 10 marshmallows, cut into small pieces
- 5 shortbread cookies/biscuits, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup of unsalted macadamia nuts
- Rectangle tin
- Line a rectangle tin with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- Place the milk, dark chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Don't let the bowl touch the water.
- Stir chocolate until melted and smooth. Add marshmallows to the chocolate along with the shortbread and macadamia nuts. Stir gently with a spoon.
- Spread mixture into the tin so that it's about 1 inch high. Cover and chill in the fridge for 2 hours or until hard. Remove from pan and slice.