Grilled figs with honey ricotta is a wonderful way to enjoy the delectable fruit.
Sprinkled with brown sugar, the figs are grilled for several minutes until they are tender and bursting with flavor and then paired with a dollop of creamy honey ricotta.
For something a little different, sprinkle on some flaked almonds or chopped macadamia nuts just prior to grilling the figs.
- 8-10 fresh figs
- 2 1/2 Tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 cup of fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8-10 mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Trim fig the stems, if any, and cut figs in half length-ways.
- Lightly butter a shallow baking dish. Place the figs curved side down in the dish. Sprinkle each fig with a little brown sugar.
- Grill figs for about 3-4 minutes or until the sugar starts to bubble.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta and honey in a mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Remove figs from oven and gently place on serving plates with a dollop of honey ricotta. Garnish with mint leaves and serve.