Bananas, perfectly packaged, sweet and firm, are one of our best sources of potassium. While they are delicious raw, bananas are also fantastic cooked.
In this recipe, grilled bananas are served with creamy vanilla yogurt and fresh passionfruit.
Just before grilling, I top the bananas with a little butter and brown sugar which caramelizes under the grill. For this particular recipe I use an extra creamy yogurt however you can also use vanilla ice-cream.
- 3 firm bananas
- 2 Tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of butter
- 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt
- Pulp from 2-3 passionfruit
- Serves 2
- Pre-heat the grill. Line a baking tray with foil.
- Slice the bananas in half, length-ways. Spread the butter over the cut side. Place the bananas, cut side up, on the baking tray.
- Sprinkle bananas with brown sugar. Grill for 4 minutes then gently turn bananas over and grill for another 4 minutes or until golden and soft.
- Divide bananas equally amongst two serving dishes. Top with vanilla yogurt and passionfruit pulp. Serve immediately.