A classic French dessert, the clafoutis is a baked egg custard usually made with cherries or apples. In this recipe the clafoutis is baked with canned apricots and fresh passionfruit for sweet, light and lovely dessert.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) apricot halves in syrup
- Pulp for 2 fresh passionfruit
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp sugars
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp confectioners' sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Special equipment: 8-inch ramekin
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Melt the butter in saucepan.
- Drain the apricots and reserve 1/2 cup of syrup.
- Use a whisk to mix the syrup with the flour in a medium bowl. Add the eggs, sugar, sour cream, passionfruit, pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the remaining butter from the saucepan into the the batter into the ramekin and arrange the apricot halves on top, spacing them evenly. Place the ramekin into the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and puffy. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the confectioners' sugar on top. Cool to lukewarm.
- Serve the clafoutis from the ramekin.