It will be impossible to stop at just one of these absolutely gorgeous almond crescent cookies.
Infused with vanilla and lightly dusted with icing sugar, these beautiful cookies are crunchy on the outside and soft, buttery and crumbly on the inside.
- 1 cup (230g) butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cups (150g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (570g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup (230g) ground almonds (almond meal)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar for dusting
- Place the butter and the sugar together in a large mixing bowl and use a electric hand beater to mix until light and fluffy for about 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the flour and almonds. Mix thoroughly.
- Line baking sheet with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- The dough will be slightly crumbly. Take generous tablespoons of the dough and roll into a small ball, about 1" in diameter. Shape into a crescent shape. Place onto baking sheet about 1" apart. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a light golden brown. Remove from oven and dust with icing sugar. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.