Sausage rolls are perfect finger food for a parties. They are easy and quick to make, they look and smell great and you can try all sorts of flavor combinations.
These particular sausage rolls have been given a Thai twist!
The use of garlic, chili, cilantro and some fish sauce to salt the chicken filling, adds a distinctly Thai flavor.
Serve them hot with some Thai sweet chili sauce for dipping.
Check out these simple step-by-step instructions on how to prepare sausage rolls.
- 450 grams (15.75 oz) of ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 Tbsp of fish sauce
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 dried chili, chopped
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped cilantro
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4-5 sheets of frozen puff pastry
- Thai sweet chili sauce for dipping
- Flour for rolling
- Sesame seeds or cumin seeds for sprinkling
- Thaw the puff pastry and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with greased paper.
- Add the ground chicken, chopped cilantro, chili, egg, fish sauce and crushed garlic to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until mixture becomes relatively smooth like sausage meat.
- Meanwhile, cut the pastry into squarish rectangles and brush one edge with beaten egg.
- Put some chicken mixture into the middle of the pastry.
- Fold the pastry over and seal it carefully. Lift the whole thing up and turn it over so that the sealed edge is underneath.
- Snip the ends of the sausage roll to ensure that it is neat and that meat isn't falling out. Repeat the process.
- Brush the tops of the sausage rolls with beaten egg and then sprinkle on sesame or cumin seeds.
- Place the rolls on the lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with Thai sweet chilli sauce.