Tuna stuffed avocados make a healthy and delicious lunch or snack.
They're easy to prepare, portable and will keep you going through out the day.
In this recipe tuna is mixed with whole egg mayonnaise, dried chili flakes, cilantro and lime juice.
- 1 x 185g can of tuna, drained
- 2 1/2 Tbsp of whole egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro (coriander)
- 2 Tbsp finely diced Spanish onion
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 ripe but firm avocados
- Combine the tuna, mayonnaise, chili flakes, cilantro, Spanish onion and salt together in a bowl. Mix well with a fork to combine. Taste and add a little more mayonnaise, chili or salt if necessary.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and discard seeds. Fill avocados with heaped spoonfuls of tuna mixture. Garnish with a small sprig of cilantro and serve immediately.