Smoked trout dip makes a simple and delicious appetizer. The sweet, smoky fish is mixed with creme fraiche, dill and lemon juice and served on crispy baguette rounds.
Creme fraiche is a type of French sour cream with a rich, nutty flavor. It can be usually be found at delis, good grocery stores or cheese shops.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4-5 servings
- 375g (13 oz) smoked trout
- 100g (3.5 oz) creme fraiche
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Baguette or crackers for 4 people
- Discard trout skin. Place trout in a mixing bowl and use a fork to mash, being careful to discard any bones.
- Add creme fraiche, dill, salt and cayenne, stir well. Add lemon juice and stir. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Slice the baguette into thin rounds. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Place under grill for 5-10 seconds on each side or until crisp and slightly colored.