Chinese pot sticker dumplings are easy to make and even easier to eat.
Filled with pork, shrimp and garlic chives, pot sticker dumplings are gently fried for several minutes and then steamed.
You can fill the dumplings with a variety of fillings such as crab, ground chicken or even scallops.
The ingredients for this recipe should be readily available in your nearest Asian grocery store.
Check out these simple step-by-step instructions on how dumpling stuffing before starting.
- 400 grams of lean ground pork
- 1 cup of roughly chopped raw shrimps
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped garlic chives
- 2 Tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tsp of Chinese red vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of finely sliced ginger
- 1 Tbsp of cornstarch
- 40-45 round wheat dumpling wrappers
- 2-3 cups of chicken stock
- 4 Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp of Chinese red vinegar
- Several slivers of ginger
- Start by making the dumpling fillings. In a large bowl combine the pork, shrimp, garlic chives, soy sauce, sesame oil, Chinese red vinegar, finely sliced ginger and cornstarch together. Mix well until combined.
- Place one heaped teaspoon of the filling in the middle of each wrapper. Use your finger to spread a little water on the rim of the wrapper then gently fold the wrapper over to make a half-moon shape.
- Use your thumb and index finger to press the edges of the wrapper together. Next, seal the wrapper by using your thumb and index finger to make small pleats along the sealed edge. Press the pleats in between your thumb and index finger to ensure the dumpling is sealed tightly.
- Place the dumpling on a plate dusted with cornstarch. Repeat process.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a fry pan over a medium heat. Add a single layer of dumplings filling-side down and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Gently move the dumplings around with a wooden spoon to make sure they don't stick. Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock, cover and steam for 2 minutes. Uncover and cook until stock has evaporated. Repeat with the remaining dumplings.
- To make the dipping sauce simply combine the soy sauce and Chinese red vinegar with ginger slivers.
- Serve dumplings with dipping sauce.