A great snack or appetizer, these crunchy golden asparagus spears are paired with a creamy garlic herb mayonnaise for dipping.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 250 g fresh asparagus spears
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Sunflower or vegetable oil for frying
- ***Garlic & herb mayo***
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- Wash asparagus and pat dry with paper towel.
- Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together in a wide bowl. Mix well with a fork. Set aside.
- Make mayonnaise dipping sauce by combining mayo, garlic and herbs in a small bowl. Mix well. Cover and set aside.
- Lightly coat asparagus in flour, then dip in egg and finally, coat in breadcrumb mixture. Ensure asparagus spear is coated evenly. Repeat process with remaining spears. Set aside.
- Heat enough oil in frying pan to come up 1/2" (1cm) up side of pan. Heat over medium heat. Cook asparagus until golden. Transfer to the plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve immediately with a side of herbed garlic mayo for dipping.