Enjoy oysters at home with this simple oysters Kilpatrick recipe. Pick up some freshly shucked oysters and top them with crispy smoked bacon, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar and butter for a lip-smacking appetizer.
Just remember that the oysters only need a little less than a minute under the grill so keep an eye on them and enjoy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 11 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Dash or two of Tabasco
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 2 rashers of smoked bacon, rindless, finely sliced
- 12 freshly opened oysters
- In a small pan, gently heat Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, butter and Tabasco, stirring until combined, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan and fry bacon slices until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Line a baking sheet with scrunched up foil. Arrange opened oysters on foil and place on the grill rack. Top each with a spoonful of sauce. Scatter with diced bacon and grill for about 50 or 60 seconds. Remove from grill immediately and arrange on serving platter. Serve immediately.