I consider devilled eggs to be the perfect party food. If I'm lucky enough to be at a party where they're served, I sidle up to them and slyly devour as many as I can without being caught.
Devilled eggs are a delicious way to eat eggs and you only require a few ingredients.
This particular recipe uses a little Hellman's mayonnaise, egg yolk of course, salt and chili powder. For some extra color I top the filling with a sliver of green onion.
For something different substitute the chili powder with curry powder.
- 6 free-range, organic eggs (if possible)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp of chili powder
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Place the eggs in a medium pot with cold water. Bring to the boil. Once the water has reached a rolling boil, cook the eggs for 5 minutes.
- Remove eggs from heat and plunge into cold water. Remove shells and don't burn your fingers. Let eggs cool completely and then slice in half.
- Gently scoop yolks into a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, salt and chili powder. Mash with a fork until mixture is creamy.
- Spoon about 1 tsp of yolk mixture back into the egg halves. Arrange on a plate and garnish with slivers of green onion.