For a delicious, nutritious and low-carb meal, try out this grilled chicken salad recipe.
It's easy to prepare and the only cooking required is the grilling of the chicken.
I sometimes throw in some slices of Fuji apple if I have any handy or a mixture of seeds such as sunflower, pumpkin or sesame seeds.
- 2 free-range chicken breasts
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- 5 romaine lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ring of Spanish onion, roughly chopped
- Chopped fresh chives for sprinkling
- A handful of crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp of white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Sea salt & pepper
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the fridge for up to 1 hour in lemon juice, crushed garlic, 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/8 cup of olive oil.
- Heat up the grill and then cook the chicken for about 10-15 minutes. The chicken is ready when you cut it and the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, wash and dry all the vegetables and then arrange them in a salad bowl with the feta.
- To prepare the dressing, mix together the 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, sugar, white wine vinegar and finely chopped garlic. Whisk with a fork to combine well.
- Slice the chicken and then arrange on top of the salad. Drizzle on the dressing and then sprinkle on the chopped chives.