Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto is an easy and elegant appetizer.
The thinly sliced, salty prosciutto crisps when barbecued or grilled and pairs well with the tender asparagus spears.
- 2 bunches asparagus spears (approx 14 spears)
- 1/3 lb. (150 gms) prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Olive oil for brushing
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat the barbecue or grill to a medium-high heat.
- Wrap a strip of prosciutto around each stalk. Brush with a little olive oil.
- Barbecue or grill the asparagus, uncovered, turning, until prosciutto is golden brown in spots and asparagus is crisp-tender, for about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Arrange asparagus on a serving plate and sprinkle on freshly cracked black pepper.