A delicious alternative to red sangria, white wine sangria is light and refreshing.
In this recipe I pair a dry Sauvignon Blanc with orange and lime juice, club soda, ginger ale, a hint of Pimms No. 1 Cup, passionfruit and mint.
Pimm's is a favorite English alcoholic beverage usually consumed in summer. It pairs wonderfully well in this tropical white wine sangria.
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups of club soda
- 3 cups ginger ale
- 2 x 750-ml. bottle dry white wine, chilled
- 1/2 cup of Pimms No. 1 Cup (available from liquor stores)
- 1 navel orange, cut into thin slices
- 1 lime, cut into thin slices
- Pulp from 2 passionfruit (or 1 small can)
- A handful of small mint leaves
- Serves 6-8
- In a large pitcher stir together citrus juices and sugar dissolved.
- Next add the club soda, ginger ale, wine, Pimm's, orange and lime slices, passionfruit and mint. Use a the end of a wooden spoon to give the sangria and gently stir.
- Add ice cubes and serve sangría chilled.